The 2022 Indian Premier League, or Tata IPL 2022, is the fifteenth season of the Indian Premier League annual cricketing extravaganza! IPL 2022 started on March 26th and will conclude on May 29th. The league will grow this season with the addition of two new franchises – Gujarat Titans and the Lucknow Super Giants. This is fantastic news for IPL betting enthusiasts. Online IPL betting fans will now be able to bet on 74 matches instead of 60.
Before you start with IPL match prediction, here’s a little background. The Indian Premier League or IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league founded in 2007 by the Board of Control for Cricket in India or BCCI. The defending champions are the Chennai Super Kings, who won their fourth title the previous season.
Who’s in the race to win IPL 2022?
There has already been quite a bit of online cricket betting. The IPL betting odds for the tournament’s overall winner are already available on IPL betting sites. But before you rush off to place your bets, here’s what you need to know.
Here’s more info on the teams that will battle it out to make the IPL 2022 playoffs.
- The Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals are the early favourites to win the 15th edition of the IPL, according to the recently released official odds for the IPL 2022 winner, with IPL odds of 6.00 each. The MI, led by Indian Captain Rohit Sharma, failed to qualify for the playoffs in 2021, a rare occurrence given this franchise’s overall dominance in this tournament. They have won a record five times, and this time, they’ll be eager to make a solid comeback to reassert their authority.
- On the other hand, is the Rishabh Pant-led the Delhi Capitals under head coach Ricky Ponting. DC has emerged as one of the most dangerous teams in the race for the coveted trophy, which has eluded them thus far.
- The Punjab Kings are third on the list, with odds of 6.5. They have bolstered their lineup this year and appear formidable on paper.
- The 2021 IPL champions, Chennai Super Kings, are ranked fourth in the IPL 2022 Odds table. CSK has won the IPL four times, second only to the Mumbai Indians’ five. Also, Tata IPL 2022 is likely to be MS Dhoni’s final IPL season. He has already relinquished captaincy to Ravindra Jadeja, and he will want to leave on a high note.
- RCB is the fifth-best bet on the board, with odds of 8.5. Here’s the team that has never won the IPL despite having some of the greatest names on its roster. This time, Virat Kohli will not lead, and the responsibility will most likely fall on the shoulders of the experienced Faf Du Plessis.
- Rajasthan Royals are next in line, with odds of 9. On any given day, this team led by Sanju Samson is capable of turning the tables on its opponents.
- The odds for the two new teams, Lucknow Super Giants and Gujarat Titans, to win the Indian Premier League are 11.00 and 12.00. The odds are because they are new teams, but any team that underestimates them will do so at their peril.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad, a depleted team, has been placed on the final pedestal. And, to be honest, not much is expected from this team. They seem to be heavily reliant on Nicholas Pooran and Washington Sundar, aside from a captain who isn’t fully fit, making it the most likely team to be at the bottom of the table.
Who are IPL match prediction experts laying their odds on?
Some of the top bookmakers have Mumbai Indians as the most likely team to win the Tata IPL2022 with odds ranging from 5.00 to 6.00, followed by Delhi Capitals at odds ranging from 6.00 to 6.50. The Punjab Kings are third with odds of 6.50 to 7.50, while the Royal Challengers Bangalore are fourth with odds of 8.00. Chennai Super Kings are tied with Rajasthan Royals for fifth and sixth place on the odds, while Kolkata Knight Riders, Gujarat Titans, Lucknow Super Giants, and Sunrisers Hyderabad are tied for seventh and tenth place.
Even your IPL betting odds with a trustworthy IPL betting site
Each betting site comes with its own set of benefits. Note that all sites do not all offer the cricket odds or special IPL bonuses and promotions that you’d like. The UWin sports offers safe online cricket betting with bonuses including first-time deposit bonus, daily deposit bonus, and daily cash bonus. You can also download Uwin App at your convenience.
Whatever your reason for preferring one cricket betting site over another, ensure you play safely and have access to the best online cricket betting options.