The Roulette game is all about chances, so you need to recognize the odds involved and the game’s terminologies. The payout odds of these bets depend on probability, and there are different betting options in the Roulette game.
Different Types of Roulette Games
The Roulette game has different versions, which are played across casinos worldwide. There are seven different versions of the Roulette game, which are as follows:
- American Roulette: The American Roulette has 1-36 numbers and, in addition, has a ‘0’ (single zero) and ‘OO’ (double zero). The house edge in the American version of Roulette is around 5.26%.
- European Roulette: The numbers in this version of Roulette are similar to American Roulette and consist of 1-36. The only difference is that the European Roulette has just one O’ (single zero) instead of ‘OO’ (double zero). The house edge is just around 2.70%.
- French Roulette: The French Roulette is more or less the same as the European version, except for two additional rules, En Prison and La Partage. The house edge in this version is just 1.35%. In La Partage, all 50/50 will lose half of their stakes if the ball falls on ‘0’, and in En Prison, the players are awarded another chance if the ball falls on 0.
- Mini Roulette: This is a small version of the Roulette game, played on a mini table that is great for beginners.
- Multi-wheel Roulette: It has more than just one spinning wheel.
- Progressive Roulette: This version is very popular in the online version of casinos, and the players can win big cash prizes.
- Double Ball Roulette: In this version of the Roulette game, two balls are used instead of one, maximizing the chances to win big.
How to play Roulette online?
You can play the Roulette game and try your luck at any online casino website. Some of these websites also have live Roulette games where you play against a dealer live on their website. You will also have the option of chatting with the dealer in these live Roulette games.
The gameplay of Roulette in these online casino websites is the same, where you need to choose a number and place your bets. Then, if the ball lands on your selected number after the dealer spin the wheel, you win the money.
There are different denominations of chips, such as 5, 10, 20, 50, etc., in the online version of the Roulette game. The spinning wheel consists of random numbers from 1-36 in black and red colours. The ‘O’ and ‘OO’ are represented by the colour green. A pocket is attached with each of the numbers in the spinning wheel.
The dealer rolls the ball on the spinning table, and if the ball lands on the number selected by you, you win the online Roulette game.
Rules of online Roulette
Although the game of Roulette is chance-based, it is important to understand the different terminologies and rules of the game to use it to your advantage. So here are a few things you need to know about Roulette before jumping to play the game:
- Straight Bet: You make a straight bet when choosing any number in the Roulette game. It is known as an inside bet. You have a chance of winning 37x the bet amount if the ball lands on your selected number. If you choose ‘O’ or ‘OO’ and win, your winning amount is 35x the bet amount.
- Split Bet: If you bet on two adjacent numbers, it becomes a split bet. You have a chance of winning 35x the bet amount if the ball lands on any one of the two selected numbers.
- Street Bet: If you bet on three numbers from the same column or row, it is called a street bet. If the ball falls on any one of the three selected numbers, you stand a chance to win 17x the bet amount.
- Corner Bet: You can bet on one of the two colours, i.e. red and black. You get the payout at 1:1 if the ball falls in the Roulette colour of your choice. It is one of the outside bets.
- Colour Bet: This is an outside bet where you can place bets on either of the two colours, i.e. red and black. If you win this bet, the payout ratio is 1:1.
- Odd or Even Bet: You have the option of betting on odd or even numbers in the Roulette game. The payout is 1:1 if you win this bet.
- Low or High Bet: Here, you can either place your bet on low numbers, which are between 1 to 18 or on high numbers, which are between 19 to 36. The payout is 1:1 if you win the bet. It is also one of the outside bets.
- Dozen Bet: The Roulette table has 36 numbers divided into three different dozens. You get the payout at 2:1 if the ball falls on your chosen dozen.
Strategies and winning formulas for the Roulette game
Now that you are aware of the rules and terminologies of the Roulette game, it is time for you to know the winning formulas and strategies so that you can make the most out of it while rolling the ball in a Roulette game:
- Always place more than one bet in the Roulette game. Go for two, three or more bets at once as it increases your odds of winning the game.
- Try to mix up your bets by placing a combination of two or more outside bets. For example, place one low/high bet and another dozen bets. The probability of winning bets increases if you mix up a couple of outside bets.
- Go for multiple corner bets. You stand a chance to win 8X the bet amount if the ball lands on any of the four numbers or corners you chose.
- Try to keep the betting numbers or combination numbers the same to maximize your winning chances. Don’t change your bet numbers every time you play Roulette. The odds of winning are higher that way.
- You can increase or decrease your bet amounts depending on your financial limits as you start winning the Roulette game. It will help you keep a check on the money you spend on gambling.
- Always keep a tab on your balance and place your bets for that amount only. You should quit the game if you find yourself exceeding your balance.
- Start by playing the European Roulette first if you are a beginner because the odds of winning are 37:1. You will find the European version of Roulette in almost all online casinos.
Now that you know what odds are in the Roulette game, remember the figure and facts of the game. All this information will help you understand how the odds work in a Roulette game and how you can use it to your advantage. You can also check out the Roulette table of both the American and European versions online to get a better idea.
- What are the best tricks to win Roulette?
The best trick is to play a single-zero wheel and the biased wheels.
- What is the basic rule of Roulette?
The bets of Roulette should never exceed the table limits and one can place the bets before the dealer ends the betting session.
- What is the most payout in Roulette?
The maximum payout in Roulette is 35:1.