Horse racing has been a popular sport in India for over 2 centuries. Madras, where the sport is still hugely popular today, had one of the first race tracks built. The Indian horse racing business consists of nine racetracks overseen by six Indian horse racing agencies. There are several horse betting markets accessible at sportsbooks. Horse race betting is a popular sport in India in which sports bettors put wagers on their favourite horses at their favourite racetracks. Horse racing is one of the most popular sports to wager on through traditional bookies and pool betting. You can place online bets on horse racing via popular sports betting sites like the UWin sports site.
- 1 What is horse race betting?
- 2 How to bet on horse racing
- 3 Tips on horse racing
- 4 How to bet on horse racing in India
- 5 Free Indian horse racing tips
- 6 Transaction Rules for bookmakers / tote
- 7 Horse racing betting strategies for beginners
What is horse race betting?
Horse racing wagering is easy to understand. In a nutshell, you can bet on a horse to win, add an each-way leg to an outright win bet. You can also bet on a horse to place, and bet on particular horses to place in the top two or three in any given order or definite order.
How to bet on horse racing
It is rather simple to bet on the horse races. To do so, simply follow these 3 basic steps:
Step 1: Create an account with a secure, trustworthy betting site like Uwin.
Step 2: From the menu, select ‘Horse Racing.’
Step 3: Review the horse racing betting odds for each event and put your bets appropriately.
Tips on horse racing
Horse racing is a very simple sport to learn. The laws and regulations vary significantly over the world, but placing words, odds, and horse racing betting tactics are generally comparable. This is advantageous for horse racing lovers who follow big meets from across the world.
Learning how to read a racecard might be useful when judging horse racing betting tips at a racetrack, but most bookmakers give guidance on how to place a bet on horse racing. So, if you’re new to horse racing betting, don’t worry – there’s plenty of helpful information available.
The most straightforward approach to place a bet is to pick a horse to win an imminent race. You can support the horse to win or each way, which includes both the victory leg and the pick to finish in the places.
Punters may also discover ante post horse racing odds for important events like Royal Ascot and the Grand National.
Forecast betting is more difficult, but the premise is easy enough to grasp. In a race, you may either back two runners to finish in a specified order or put a ‘reverse forecast’ bet that covers both permutations.
Winnings are not assured because they are based on the total expected dividend.
How to bet on horse racing in India
There are two major types of bets to pick from.
Straight wagers are those in which you just choose a horse and the position it will finish in. These are also inexpensive to wager on.
The second category is making several bets on multiple horses, all of which are combined into a single stake.
Betting on the order in which the horses finish the race is a very prevalent type of horse race betting and is known as extraordinary horse racing bets. The four basic types of extraordinary bets are quinella, exacta, trifecta, and superfecta. Quinella’s wager is to guess which two horses will wrap up first and when, and the wrapping-up order is irrelevant. The exact bet is to pick the first and second horses in turn.
Free Indian horse racing tips
- In India, December to February are horse racing months.
- Races are planned across India’s finest clubs.
- Races at the Delhi Race Club, Bangalore Turf Club, Mumbai Royal Western India Turf Club, Mysore Race Club, Hyderabad Race Club, and Royal Calcutta Turf Club are among them.
- Do not wager all your money on just one or two horses if you’re a beginner.
- Place several smaller bets on an assortment of horses to increase your chances of winning.
Transaction Rules for bookmakers / tote
One can place a bet on the Totes, Totalisators, or the Bookmakers’ ring. One requirement for betting is that you be at least 18 years old.
Betting on totes
One can go to a manned Tote window, purchase a cash voucher from a Tote Service Outlet, or use a hand-held computer to call the roaming operator.
One can wager at either variable or fixed Tote odds. With fixed Tote odds, the winning amount is guaranteed and printed on the ticket at the odds in effect at the moment the wager is made.
Win : Choose a horse to finish first.
- Place : Choose a horse to finish first, second, or third (in races with 8 or more runners). If there are 7 or fewer runners, your option must finish first or second.
- Forecast Pool : Choose two horses to finish first and second.
- Quinella Pool : Like the Forecast Pool, you win if your choices finish first and second or second and first. In other words, as long as both of your chosen horses finish in the top two, the order of finish is irrelevant.
- Second Horse Pool : Choose a horse to finish second exclusively.
- Tanala Pool : To receive the 70% reward, pick three horses to finish first, second, or third in the exact sequence, or buy a combination ticket with your first three choices finishing in the exact 1-2-3 order. The consolation 30 percent dividend is paid on the ticket, with the second and third place positions reversed: 1-3-2 instead of 1-2-3.
- Jackpot : At the declaration stage, decide the winners of the five races specified by the Club for the Jackpot Pool. You can purchase a single-digit ticket (for example, 1-8-5-2-12) or a combo ticket (for example, 1/6-7/8-5-2-6/12). If you correctly predict the first four winners, you will receive a 30% consolation dividend. If you correctly guess all five legs, you will receive a 70% dividend.
- Super Jackpot : At the declaration stage, UWin sports has a Super Jackpot Pool with six legs or six races allocated for the Super Jackpot Pool. You have the option of purchasing a combination or a single ticket. You will receive a 30% dividend if you pick the winners of the first five legs. If you correctly predict all six legs, you will receive a 70% dividend.
Horse racing betting strategies for beginners
If you’re new to horse racing – or a beginner, to use a horse racing term – don’t worry, it’s one of the easiest sports to learn the ropes in. Not merely seeing a number 1 and presuming that horse to win; there are numerous levels of horse racing and different forms of horse racing bets.
Group/Graded racing is the highest level, with Group/Grade 1 events putting the greatest horses against one other. These are the most profitable and famous races in the sport, and only the best horses in both jumps and flat racing will participate at this level.
Follow only the greatest free horse racing tips – there are several ways to tell the difference between top tipsters and scammers. Also, whether you win or lose, keep a betting diary for all of your horse racing betting tips. If you consistently update and maintain your system, this could make all the difference between profit and loss in the long run.
Best site for online horse race betting in India
While placing online bets on horse races in India, you must make sure to choose a secure and trustworthy platform. For instance, Uwin sports site and the UWin app offer not just amazing odds, but also very generous bonuses, and winning predictions. These are all backed up by 24/7 customer support that’s available to help at any time.